Terms and conditions
Completion and submission of the booking form is deemed acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. Maximum weight per bag is 20kg. Anything in excess of this weight will be charged as additional baggage and charged at the appropriate bag rate. Our drivers will carry portable scales to ensure individual bags do not exceed this limit.
2. Lake District Baggage Transfer cannot be held responsible for damage to your bag or suitcase, or the contents of such baggage. We will take all reasonable care to move your baggage responsibly and respectfully. Valuables and breakable items should not be left in the bags or suitcases being transported, including, money, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, knives, or any other sharp objects.
3. No gas bottles should be in the baggage which is being transported.
4. Baggage cannot have other bags or items tied to them, including walking poles, shoes, boots, or plastic bags containing clothing.
5. Baggage must be ready for collection from 09.00. We endeavor to drop your bags at your accommodation by 16.30, subject to road and weather conditions on the day. Many Airbnb's do not have staff available to receive your bags. If this is the case, our drivers will use their discretion on where to leave luggage. This can include unlocked porches, garages and outbuildings, but Lake District Baggage Transfer accept no liability for any resulting loss, damage or injury.
6. Adequate personal travel insurance covering the baggage costs and contents should be bought by the customer prior to the holiday.
7. Full payment for all bookings must be made at least 14 days prior to the first day of the first baggage collection. No exceptions to this booking condition.
8. All payments for bookings are to be made in pounds sterling.
9. Bookings made within 24 hours of the first pickup time and date will be subject to a surcharge of 10% of the standard price, as per the pricing detail on the Booking Page.
Cancellation & Amendments
10. Contact Lake District Baggage Transfer at least 24 hours prior to the first pick up time and date, with any amendment or cancellation to the booking. We will endeavor to accommodate amendment requests, but they cannot be guaranteed.
11. Refunds will not be made to bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the first pickup.
12. Refunds will not be made if clients do not make use of our service once the booking has commenced. Eg. Abandonment of holiday.
13. Refunds will not be payable if we are forced to cancel or in any way change your booking due to war, threat of war, riots, civil unrest, industrial disputes, disaster, terrorist activities, pandemics forcing local lockdown, cancellation or suspension of local transport service, or other events outside of our control.
14. It is the responsibility of each individual member of your walking or cycling group to take out adequate personal holiday insurance, covering curtailment due to illness, damage to personal belongings and cancellation. Ensure your insurance policy covers mountain walking, scrambling, and other relevant activities. If you are cycling, the policy should cover you for this activity, including loss or damage to your bike.
15. It is the responsibility of each individual member of your walking or cycling group to be at the appropriate fitness level to participate in your activity and have adequate outdoor equipment and clothing.
16. Lake District Baggage Transfer do not supply literature or maps for your walks. We recommend you buy the relevant Ordnance Survey maps in advance and study your route and plan ahead each day.
17. It is your responsibility to arrange your own transportation to the agreed first baggage pick up point and from your last baggage drop off point. Pick up and drop off points must be a recognised Hotel, B&B, Hostel, Airbnb or certified campsite.
18. Lake District Baggage Transfer cannot be held responsible if you fail to reach your scheduled overnight accommodation due to inclement weather, routes becoming impassable because of adverse weather conditions, or lack of a person’s fitness, or injury to any individual in your party. Your baggage transfer booking with us is accepted on the basis that you understand and accept the inherent risks of your chosen holiday.
Termination by us
19. We will have the right to terminate your booking without notice, if you, or any member of your party is verbally or physically abusive towards any of our drivers or staff members, for whatever reason. We will remain the sole judge of this condition
20. We reserve the right to decline any booking.
Lake District Baggage Transfer Limited.